Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1st project continued



Waaagh! fellow barbarians. According to the arbitrary rules I have set out for myself, I now have 4 minutes to complete this update! No time I assure you, like calling the Waaagh on turn one; it just isn't possible!

I'll continue with my description of the first project: with all the doo-dad's firmly glued/green-stuffed, I base coated the model with Rust-oleum "specialty camouflage -ultra flat black." I recommend this paint, not strongly but just enough. My time has expired...but I persevere! From there it is simply a matter of painting your normal color scheme on a vehicle. This probably took me between 2-4 hours, though I think I could have included less mud splash.




Final analysis:
Materials
trukk substitute 2.99
tires 25 c
engine, armor 25 c
-plates
ork bits negligible
balsa wood 1.00

total: 4.50$

time: 3 hours extra for original design. Painting, etc. equivalent to store bought model

Despite the extra three hours involved for original designs, I think this project was highly worthwhile. This is a trukk that will cause exasperated gasps to escape even the most stalwart of foes, when they see it kareening ever towards their troops. The savings are potentially substantial, the most obvious draw back being the dependence on luck to deliver an attractive and workable model. If you are like any good hobbyist you will have most of the other materials (balsa wood, tires, etc.) stockpiled and ready like a bow string kept taunt ready to launch the arrow of your project into the apple of your eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment